A Welcome Message:

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.
Also,
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent, but you'd be a fool to withhold that from your superiors.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Strong Snacking 101


Let it be known, well it already is known, that Ryan and I like to eat SNACKS. As soon as the kids go to bed each night we really feed our cravings. It is probably the best part of the day- Ryan + Food = AH HA HA! I love it:). I tried to give this habit up earlier last month... but then... why? Why stop eating after 9:00? Because it would help me lose weight? Because it's healthy? Because no one else on the planet eats as much junk as us? I'm not sure you've got a sound argument to work with there. Ryan and I are separated too much during the day. When we have our time together we've gotta party. Strongs party- all night long.

Tom told us his mouth starts salivating at the sight of our house. He's been trained like one of Pavlov's dogs. So awesome.

Point of this post. The other night Ryan and I ate an entire bottle of Pace mild salsa. 16oz. 1 lb. A lot. We enjoy our chips and salsa. Especially with cottage cheese. One full size chip, break it in half, dip in cottage cheese, dip a second time in salsa, and eat your heart out. So as I realized we downed the entire bottle in one sitting... I took a gander at the back info (that black and white stuffs I usually ignore- you know exactly what I'm talking about). 14 SERVINGS. We each ate SEVEN servings in one sitting! Is that not shocking? Are you impressed or disgusted? I'd really like to know. Please take into account that "their" serving size reads "2 Tbsp." Who on earth opens up a bottle of salsa, eats two tablespoons and is honestly content?

7 comments:

  1. That warms my heart. I am proud. I love junk food, I think it's genetic, and we should just embrace it. We are powerless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, if you haven't watched Brian Reagan, you need to. He talks about how ridiculous some serving sizes are, like 1/2 cup of ice cream, or 2 fig newtons. It's awesome. Who cares if you both at seven servings? Still so hot, right? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, those serving sizes are a joke. 2 tbsp? come on. i love that tom starts salivating when he gets to your house. i've told that story to sooo many people. i love that you guys always have good treats around.

    BUT i must say-- are you freaking kidding me about the salsa?!? i guess i shouldn't be shocked-- i mean RED VINES and the vomit and all-- much worse. but still, that is some serious salsa, ames. and now i'm craving chips and salsa. crap! your blog may have the same power as your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's hilarious about Tom! As for your chips and salsa . . . yes, that's a hefty serving for the two of you, BUT, think about what you're eating!!!! Salsa is nothing more than chopped up veggies!!! And cottage cheese is about the best food around. So give yourself a couple of checks on the food pyramid, pat yourself on the back and feel healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is not even a lot of Salsa. I dare you to eat two bottles in one sitting. Do it. Seriously thought, 14 TBS is NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amy, i love so much that you guys "get it" about the awesomeness of chips and salsa. it is the best snack on this planet.

    and we also want to party every night after the kids go to bed, too! games, food, movies, etc, etc. seriously, its not good for us - weight/health-wise, the lack of sleep it causes, and all the responsibilities we blow off (like homework). but we can't stop. it makes sense to me - you love your spouse and want some fun with them too, right? and good food is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! We do the same thing. Nachos and salsa is a usual snack for us (which is worse, with all that greasy cheese!) Or ice cream. I always wake up with a stomach ache, but do it again the next night. You guys are awesome - keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete