A Welcome Message:

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.
Also,
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent, but you'd be a fool to withhold that from your superiors.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Things

I'm sad. I've lost my cord to transfer pictures to the computer. Lame, lame, lame, lame, LAME.

This morning Ryan left for work and quickly realized he had a flat tire. So he turned around and came home. Atticus was the only one awake at this point so I turned on "dinosaurs" (Land before Time) , put on my coat, and went out to try and help. I've never changed a flat. I don't know if Ryan had. The car manual came in handy! After about 10 minutes I came back inside, finding two little churchlynns holding each other behind the couch with big, rolling tears on their cheeks. I realized very quickly that Jo had woken up and the two had searched our apartment for me, deciding they'd been abandoned by their mother. They looked at me with such relief! As if they never could have hoped for so much! The look on their faces was heartbreaking. I quickly knelt down and threw my arms around them telling them over and over again that Daddy and Mama would never ever leave them alone. They were quickly reassured. I, on the other hand, had to kiss them and squeeze them every minute for the next hour- such guilt for causing so much fear!

Jo just asked me, "Mama, are girls idiots or are boys idiots?" Pause. How to answer...

5 comments:

  1. oh, poor jo and atticus! i've often imagined the scenario where something happens to me in the night, tom is at work, and sophie finds me in the morning. what would she and linc do for the hour until tom gets home? shudder. not good things to think about, but we all know that i am a masochist. how sweet that jo and atticus were hugging each other.

    BOYS ARE IDIOTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Christy, I always used to imagine things happening to me . . . falling down the stairs was always a favorite fantasy . . . and what would the babies do? A mother's role is so HUGE! Never before, and never after, will you be so loved and so desperately needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so sad! Sweet that the two of them stuck together thought. I love Jo's questions. Both are idiots sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, poor, sweet kids! i also imagine things happening to me and wonder what the kids will do until someone finds them - my imaginings usually involve the car. them being in the car alone and me getting jumped from behind. like christy said, shudder. i've been wondering at what age will elena get the whole this is my address, this is my phone number and how to call 911 thing. :)

    boys are idiots. :) don't you love this phase where they're experimenting with words they hear - elena's favorite that we're trying to nip in the bud is "stupid". thanks a lot "beauty and the beast".

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!! Ryan can't change tires. Classic Ryan.

    ReplyDelete